Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

WONTON WRAPS...a Love Affair

I don't know about you...but I am totally into WONTON WRAPPERS.


This little guys are so versatile...and they're LOW IN CALORIES!
I regularly use them in my cooking classes...they make the perfect "holder" for so many foods. Probably, the most popular appetizer I make with these little guys is my 
Mango Chutney/Cream Cheese Bites...a twist on the classic southern appetizer.

To make a really great "holder", I use a fluted cookie cutter to cut each wrapper. Then I place it in either a tartlette pan or a mini-muffin pan (I use the Flexipans by Demarle at Home.). These are baked for about 6 minutes at 350 degrees, then popped out of the pans and cooled. When cooled, I fill them, then top with a garnish of coconut, green onion or chives, and chopped peanuts. I often make the wontons a day or so ahead and store them in an airtight container until I am ready to use them.

Here are a few more dishes I have made with 
Wonton Wrappers...

Chili Lime Shrimp appetizers
(pinterest recipe...FABULOUS!)

Wonton cups with "Sheryl's Dip"
(Mix a little mayo with sharp cheddar, black olives and green onion. Sheryl puts it on Triscuit crackers. Yum!)

Parmesan Crisps/Crackers
(Cut each wonton in half. Place on a Silpat (or conventinal baking tray, lined with parchment paper). Brush a little olive oil on each wonton and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper (tiny bit!) and shredded Parmesan cheese. Bake for 6-7 min. at 350 degrees)

I also make these crisps using a little canola oil and cinnamon sugar. These goodies are wonderful when paired with a fruit salsa...or even by themselves.

Southwestern Egg Rolls
(The "rolls" are a Pinterest recipe. I liked it even better in the wonton cups (made in a Demarle Mini Muffin Flexipan or conventional mini muffin pan)! Great filling...and it makes a lot! Spicy!)

Give them a try...and please share YOUR recipes using Wonton Wrappers!!!

Happy cooking!
Jane


I am linking up with Foodie Friday...www.designsbygollum.blogspot.com


6 comments:

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Great idea for using the wonton wrappers. I love all those ideas. I'm your newest follower *_*.

Anonymous said...

I keep wanting to try these at home. MUST write it down. Yummy pics.

jmac said...

you know I love me up some wonton wrappers!! gonna make every one of these recipes girlfriend!!
scroll thru this blog post and see how I used them on Memorial Day...mmmm...they were deelish!!
http://constantchatter-jmac.blogspot.com/2013_05_01_archive.html

jmac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jmac said...

hmmmm....is anyone else having trouble with blogger? don't know why it won't let me post link and when you copy and paste it...tells me it doesn't exist.
Plus, won't let me post images yesterday or today.
Is it just me????

jmac said...

http://constantchatter-jmac.blogspot.com/2013_05_01_archive.html