This week I have been Honestly Scrapped by Bama Belle to share 10 Things About Me. This is a rather difficult task, since I am charged to reveal "the real" me. And there are parts of me that I tend to keep to myself or only share with really close family and friends.
Here are the rules for the award:
Here are the rules for the award:
1)You must thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.
2) You must share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.
3) You have to present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4) Last, you must tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award
I want to thank Bama Belle at the Blog Plantation for this award. Bama Belle has encouraged me with her Christian walk and her love of family. Her posts reflect her southern-ness...something I can truly relate to. There is always a sense of graciousness in her blog posts. Thanks BB for thinking of me.
So my 10 honest things:
1. I am first and foremost a Christian. I often struggle with my walk...there are so many distractions...but I persevere. I understand that I am a work in progress. I KNOW that through the blood of Jesus Christ, I am saved and I will be with him in heaven. Although I am not teaching Bible studies at the present time, this is something I truly love. The more I teach, the more I learn.
2. I love my family! My husband is my closest and dearest friend. And each of my boys are truly special men. The women in their lives are wonderful additions to our family. Nothing makes me happier than to have all of them together at the same time. Our family meals last hours...with all the banter, the deep discussions, the love of being together. I wish this could happen more often....
3. I love cooking...but not cleaning up. (I really hate unloading the dishwasher!) It would be wonderful to have a staff (even just one) to do the clean-up! Experimenting with food is so much fun!!! Except when I am baking, I rarely follow recipes...and I don't even know what measuring means. Of course that means it's difficult for me to repeat a recipe...or share it. And I love to entertain. It's the perfect opportunity to try new and interesting foods. Thankfully our friends are under the impression that anything I prepare is going to be wonderful. Then again...the pressure!
4. I love to create...whether it is through writing, painting, crafting, tablescaping, etc. And I love to share this passion with others. I get easily bored with one single medium, and usually have multiple projects going at the same time. (Yep, I am ADD.)
5. I am a political junkie! I watch news shows, read political blogs and news articles, call my representatives and senators, write letters, send emails, and get involved in campaigns for those candidates I believe in. I am proud to be an American and will do everything I can to preserve and uphold our Constitution.
6. I love the beach! There is nothing I enjoy more than walking on the beach and searching for shells...especially with my husband and my dog. My favorite beach is Crescent Beach...near St. Augustine. But most any beach will do. As long as there is the tang of salt in the air, the froth of waves, and the sound of water and birds, I am content.
7. Friendship is sacred to me. I have many, many friendly acquaintances, but TRUE FRIENDs are numbered on my hands. These are loved ones who you may not see or hear from for many years, but when you finally get together, the years melt away and it's like you just pick up where you left off. These are people you can truly count on...who will change plans to be there when you are hurting or need to talk... or celebrate. People who love you in spite of your warts...who you love in spite of their warts. They are people I "do life" with. And I treasure them.
8. I am a southern girl...can't leave the house without applying lipstick and mascara, wearing earrings, and dressing well...even to run to the drugstore! Truthfully, I have relaxed a bit...and I now wear jeans (I did not do this until my mid-thirties, though...except for riding horses.), but they have to be really nice ones. And since moving to the coast, I seem to live in sandals...even in winter. Maybe I'm a "Florida" southern girl...
9. I LOVE Auburn football. When my husband was in college at AU, I would visit almost every weekend (without telling my parents I was leaving campus -Shhhh, don't tell them!)...from Macon, GA (Mercer Univ) and Tallahassee, FL (FSU). I even arranged with my FSU professors to miss my classes, do extra work, and even attend special events in my field at AU so I could spend one final football season at AU before my DH graduated. It was so much fun!
10. I love coffee! My husband says that I can identify beans and where they're grown, almost as well as I can discern the notes of good wine (which I don't particularly enjoy!). I do not like fancy drinks like caramel machiatas with shots of vanilla, and whipped cream and sprinkles...YUK! Just give me a good cup of coffee with a little cream or milk...or a cafe con leche/ cafe au lait...with that little touch of chicory. Yum!
Now to pass on this award...and hopefully we will learn more about each other. Each of these bloggers have enriched my life...I have learned from each of them. And I always look forward to reading their blogs and reading their encouraging comments.
1. Becky @ Lace and Lures
2. Sheila @ The Quintessential Magpie
3. Maria @ Color Me Happy
4. Bill @ Affordable Accoutrements
5. Lisa @ Moore Minutes
6. jmac @ http://constantchatter-jmac.blogspot.com
7. Maria@ Personalized Sketches and Sentiments