Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Big Shoes....part 2


I am so excited!!! I just heard from my brother. The shoe painting was a hit! The presentation last night was supposed to go something like this (at least that was the plan).

If you were a football fan, I could say it's like (a player) taking over for Bear Bryant. But, you don't like football. If you were a basketball fan, I could say it's like (a player) filling in for Michael Jordan. But, you don't like basketball. So..... here's something you might understand... and Big B presented the painting of the REALLY BIG (Christian Louboutin inspired) SHOES to her in a Neiman's shopping bag. She recognized the CL design...loved the bold bright colors, and declared to the 70 or so in the audience that this painting was going to hang in her law office.

Success!!! I am really stoked....
Jane





16 comments:

mermaid gallery said...

How cool is that...but we all knew when we saw the painting that it would be a hit...congrats....I'm sure your brother is stoked as well...good family effort!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh I just KNEW she'd love them - - - how could she NOT, they are GORGEOUS!

(said very quietly - - - Bear Bryant was a football COACH, at Alabama - - - remember the iconic herringbone black and white hat???)

Kat said...

What a neat story! B Brother obviously has the same creative streak! And how could she not love the painting, it's wonderful. She's lucky that you just happen to be his sister :) Kat

RottenMom said...

Lucky Lady! Very cool painting! As for your brother, I think he owes you one!

rjerdee said...

See, I told you it would be a hit!

Adegea said...

Congrats!

Unknown said...

Hi Jane.. so nice to meet you , and glad to meet another Fla girl.. I took a trip around your blog and love it.. looking forward to becoming great blogging friends..
See ya again real soon...
Bless you week...

BECKY said...

YAY Jane! That is just so cool! Your painting is awesome, and could be hung in so many different spaces!! I know she will love looking at it each day! A real pick me up, you know?

Have a blessed week, gal! Your work rocks!!
HUGS,
Becky

jmac said...

OMG!! perfecto!! been away for a bit and I come back to find your NEW beautiful blog layout!! LOVE it!! and the shoes? So frickin' cool!!!! who is "she" who loved it and bought it? Are you famous now????!!!!!!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Congrats!!!! It's an awesome painting!

Simple Daisy said...

Wow...awesome:)
What a fabulous story too:) :)

Maria Killam said...

Totally fabulous painting! I love it!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Oh Jane! What a great two part story! That painting is beautiful. Who wouldn't be excited to hang this on any wall!! Yah! Fun to read about.

Thanks for your anniv. wishes. :) I always grin when I read you have 3 sons and 1 daughter in law since I have the exact opposite!
Donna

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Congrats, Jane! What a fun story and what a wonderful painting! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Leo said...

Hi there - I just joined as a new follower...looking forward to reading your blog. Seems we have lots in common!!

Shellbelle said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

The reaction to the painting and the new layout look!