Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

ORANGE You Glad.........

ORANGE...it's my new favorite color. Well, not exactly "new". I have been using all shades of orange in my home for years. BUT.....Yesterday, I was in Home Goods when I heard something calling out my name... The sound drew me to the back wall of the dish area...and there they were...ORANGE plates and cups! Not coral...not reddish orange...but true, citrus ORANGE...and I fell immediately in love. So...of course, I bought all they had...3! (I am on the hunt for more...)


I loved these cool luncheon plates! They're not quite round which adds lots of interest. And then there were the mugs...perfectly large for coffee or tea ( I'm not a cup and saucer kind of gal...anymore!)




So...of course I had to use them right away...







I called my girl friends and said it was time we had lunch together...we needed to catch up. And being the great friends that they are...they agreed.





THE TABLE:
First, I covered the table with one of my burlap cloths...made for WG's rehearsal dinner. Then I found the orange stripe placemats which I purchased YEARS ago at TJMax. The square chargers are from WalMart. The green square plates were purchased at Target for DB's wedding. The serving plates are from Home Goods...2 smaller green/white plates, a large orange platter sitting on a matching bowl...purchased for WG's wedding dinner. The floral plates are from HG...the green glasses are from Crate and Barrel...25 years ago. (I love Mexican green glass!) Old watering can with orange and hot pink flowers finish off the table...


Now I wasn't in the mood to really COOK...so I hit The Fresh Market for some of their delicious chicken salad, some fresh pineapple, strawberries (from California, Shellbelle), and organic green leaf lettuce. 
I also found some wonderful multi-grain crackers to add a bit of crunch to our meal.  And to finish it off...I bought 1 lemon square and 1 triple chocolate brownie, which I cut into little bites. With the dark chocolate and angel food cake I had at home, we had a wonderful selection of tiny sweets. (I can only have 1 piece of dark chocolate a day....and nothing else sweet. It's my new way of eating....ugh! At
least I can still have that wonderful piece of chocolate...mmmmm....and let it melt in my mouth....Ahhhhhh)

Simple...fresh...and ORANGE.......Just my style!

Jane



7 comments:

Desert Dreaming said...

Jane...love it!! The orange and green combo with those chargers give it such a tropical look. But I have to admit I love the "not so round effect of the plates", it adds that extra bit of texture. And the food you served - WOW, how great does that look!!! I'm sure your friends enjoyed everything. Don't you just love HomeGoods? Totally addicted to that store. You are so creative!!

Joni

One Shabby Old House said...

Orange ya glad......you bet we were!!!! The food was wonderful and the company as colorful as your inspiring artwork ! Thank you for the invite.
Hugs
Becky

xinex said...

The dishes are beautiful, Jane. I love orange and green together, so lively!...Christine

jmac said...

FUN!!!! love the dishes and really love your apple green room!!! yummy! and don'tcha know? those spur of the moment lunches, where you don't have to cook, are usually the most fun. Glad your gal pals thought so too!! Such a fun summery table!!

Cheryl said...

Looks lovely!!
I'm your newest follower and I look forward to reading more of your posts. :)
~cheryl

rjerdee said...

Looks delish! (Both food and dishes)

Shellbelle said...

Oh Jane, I love this look! So cool, refreshing and oh, so tropical!

And I'm happy to see you purchased the California strawberries, I love it when I know someone pays attention to my posts, lol. I promise not to tell the folks in Plant City!

Hugs