Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years...War Eagle


"We didn't know what to do...that was wild and crazy. I'm not so sure I've ever gone into a game with 7 wins and came our with 10." Gene Chizik, Auburn coach.

What a day this was!!! Beginning with a torrential downpour that lasted through 3 quarters of the game, followed by plummeting temperatures ("feels like" temp. is in the 40s! That's FREEZIN' for this old Florida gal.) Mr. P, my family and I attended the Outback Bowl to cheer on our beloved Auburn Tigers. (I do not remember being this cold since the last Outback Bowl I attended...AU vs Penn State in 1996 or 97...the last time Auburn played locally.) Thankfully, we won, today, in the wildest overtime I have ever witnessed in a football game. All three boys and one of the girls were with us...cheering our team to victory over Northwestern Univ. (In case you cannot see the score, it's AU 38, Nortwestern 35.)

MacDaddy and I have had the most marvelous 3 days: greeting AU family members with "war eagle" all over the Tampa Bay area...seeing old friends...making new ones...talking with players (including past players like Bo Jackson)...watching parades...and so much more. I hate to see the season end!!!
Yet we anticipate trips to Alabama, new players to meet, and lots of tailgating!

Happy New Year!!!
Jane

6 comments:

Kat said...

I'm so happy that Auburn won! My brother attended Auburn and loved it. He was actually there at the same time as Bo Jackson. Now I just have to wait until Thursday for our big game. Just prayin' that Bevo can hold back the Tide! Have a wonderful New Year. Kathy

Jenny said...

Hi! I'm visiting you from Lisa's blog and thought I'd say hi. Not a serious football person here although I did watch the Rosebowl yesterday with my husband! Happy New Year!

Eileen said...

So glad you had a nice visit! Sorry about the weather! But at least you got to see your team win!

All the best to you in the New Year!
Eileen

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I wish you a Happy New Year, Jane!!

Kat said...

Thanks for the visit Jane (and the add). Cait will be teaching middle/high school so the target will probably go with her lol. And the football comment cracked me up. When 'Bama played Florida, my brother the Auburn alumn actually rooted for 'Bama (his wife & her entire family are FSU alumn, and he got his master's there). He said it felt like choosing between the Taliban and AlQueda lol. Kathy

Anonymous said...

It will be great to watch Auburn Tigers,i have bought tickets from http://ticketfront.com/event/Auburn_Tigers-tickets looking forward to it.