A charming stranger, in front of the cake mix display at Publix, gave this recipe to me. I first tried it out on "the band"...then on the family..and then on our small group. It's a delicious HIT! (good for me since it's so simple!).
The photo does not do this cake justice...and as usual, the guys got into it before I could take a picture. That should give you an idea how delicious this cake is.....The scent, while baking, wafts throughout the house...caramel...nuts...Mmmmmmm!
Give it a try....
SOUTHERN PRALINE PECAN CAKE
1 Butter Pecan cake mix (Betty Crocker makes this...I usually find it at WalMart.)
1 container Coconut Pecan Frosting (16 ounce)
1 cup oil
3/4 cup Water
1 cup Pecans, chopped (I use more...we LOVE pecans)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray Bundt cake pan with non-stick cooking spray
2. Combine the cake mix, frosting, eggs, water, oil and
½ of the pecans. Mix until combined
3. Sprinkle the remaining pecans on the bottom of the prepared Bundt pan, then pour in the batter.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until a
toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan for 10-12 minutes then invert onto
This cake needs no glaze. It is very moist and can be frozen. Serves 16.