Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I FEEL "NEKKID"...

No, not like that...

      My hands feel naked...I have not had my camera in them since late March!


While I was at the beach, my little wonder-camera had an issue with the lens. I took it to the seller...who in turn sent it to the manufacturer for repairs (It was still under warranty!).

After 3 long weeks...and missing the photo ops of 2 trips, plus a week on the beach...my camera was returned to me. Oh, bliss! 
Now I could stalk the herons, egrets, wood storks...and the Ibis, who's been tearing up my front yard! Not to mention all the picture-taking I could do with my little grandbaby!

Except for one problem...
       When I replaced the battery, THE LENS STILL DID NOT WORK! The "lens error" warning flashed in ugly red letters. It was not repaired.

Back it went... to the manufacturer.

What I did learn from the Geek Squad...the extended warranty with guaranteed replacement of my camera did not specify that before replacement...items must be returned to the manufacturer for repairs FOUR TIMES. The "Geek" called it the "dirty little secret". Buyer beware!

So...for the time being (and I have no idea how long this is going to take), you'll have to make do with photos I took earlier...or borrowed photos...


Like this one of my granddaughter...isn't she cute!

Thank goodness for cameras on phones!

Jane



4 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh Jane, I'm sorry to hear this. Why do they have to put the fine print in that NO ONE sees until they point it out? I think it's their way of trying to get out of repairing our things under warranty. Your grandbaby is adorable.. hugs ~lynne~

rjerdee said...

how maddening!!!

jmac said...

awwwww....I know all about those camera hospitals...no fun! I sometimes feel like my camera is just another limb of my body and when it's missing, feel like I've had an amputation!!!
got your note...will email ya tonite!

Amy said...

I know how frustrating that is! My Nikon is off for repair too and also had a "lens error." I've been relying on my phone camera but it's not the same. Hope it is fixed soon!