Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

CHERRY PIE POPS!

I am on a kick...little desserts! Just enough to give my sweet tooth a taste, without adding too many calories (or too much sugar!) to my daily diet.  This little Cherry Pie Pop is perfect for that!


As you can see from the photo, there is nothing to making these little pies...They're quick and EVERYDAY EASY!


CHERRY PIE POP (OR HAND PIE)
     (or as we called them on July 4th, George Washington Cherry Pie Pops)
            
    1 box Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 crusts)
    1 can Comstock More Fruit Cherry Pie Filling
    Lollipop sticks (if making “pops”)
    1 egg, beaten
    Sugar for sanding

Gently spread one of the rolled pie crusts onto the Roul'Pat. With a rolling pin, gently roll out any creases. (no flour needed on the mat!)

Using a round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut circles of pie crust. Place the circles on the Silpat. (no oils, sprays, butter needed on the Silpat!)

In the center of each circle, place about a tablespoon of pie filling…with 2-3 cherries. Press the lollipop stick into the crust…about ½ “ . 

Unroll the second pie crust. Place it on the Roul'Pat and repeat.  (Note: either gently stretch this circle or use a slightly larger cutter to cut the top circle…to accommodate the cherries). Place over the first circles and seal with the tines of a fork. Cut a vent on the top of each pie! (use a knife, scissors, or the fork tines) Brush the top of the little pie with some of the beaten egg. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. (Keep an eye on the pies. Do not overbake!)

Cool for a few minutes on the Silpat before removing. Then cool on a rack.

For the display, I filled a "star" container with floral “marbles” and stuck the pies into the marbles. Worked fine!

*Any filling can be used.
**Even with all the food we had at our Independence Day celebration, not a single pie was left!!! They really were good!
***I am teaching "how to make" these pies at my Friday night cooking class. Those ladies are in for a treat!

All the products used to make these pies are from Demarle at Home...
    Everyday dough cutter set...straight and fluted edges
    Silicone pastry brush (l love that this has a "rest" on the handle)
    Roul' Pat...perfect for rolling out pastry, creating shapes with chocolate and sugar...or as an art mat (beads will not roll off)
    Silpat...made of woven glass and coated with food grade silicone. (My FAVORITE everyday tool!)
    Perforated Baking Tray...aluminum baking sheet which ensures even distribution of heat.

Enjoy!
Jane


Check out the fabulous recipes at Foodie Friday and
On the Menu Monday!

8 comments:

Moore Minutes said...

Oh these are just too cute! They are perfect for summertime and extra fun too. :)

Anonymous said...

Ohh! Jane these look so delicious and cute at the same time... Wonderful creations!

Have a great day!

Ciao Bella
Sensible Sarah

Dash Interiors said...

These are the cutest things I have ever seen you have such talent! WOW

http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

rjerdee said...

how adorable!!! not to mention yummy!

Erin @SalmonAtSeven said...

I love mini everything! I've been wanting to make some mini pumpkin pie pops - and now, I think I can. Where do you find the lollipop sticks? Granted, I've never looked hard. Hopping over from Foodie Friday.

xoxo
(p.s. - I'm Erin - formerly of EKat's Kitchen and now of the newly launched SalmonAtSeven.com - I'd love if you would swing by, say hi, and enter my launch giveaway.

allisamazing said...

These are so cute and look delicious!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Jane these are just adorable! My favorite pie flavor!
Please join me at StoneGable for ON THE MENU MONDAY, my weekly foodie/recipe/menu linky party. Linky goes live Sunday evening at 8:00. Your yummy recipe would be a welcomed addition!!!

Carole said...

Woohoo, those little darlings look fabulous.
I found this on Stone Gable's On the Menu Monday. I have linked in a fried chicken dish that you don't want to look at if you are dieting! Have a nice week.